We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What happens if microscopic life is found on Mars?

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

An interesting News column about it. Link.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I hope its not the last of space exploration"

Human nature being what it is, I'm sure it will not be the last. It's cheaper to mount unmanned space missions because you don't have to worry about getting the craft back home again, and these missions can be more ambitious in scale.

Voyager 1 has been travelling out towards interstellar space for almost 35 years now and is currently about 11 billion miles out from earth. It is about to become the first man-made object to leave the solar system. Unless it hits something (or is hit by something)it will continue to send back data for about another 12 years, by which time it will be well into deep space. It will continue its journey for ever, passing within a light year of another star in 40,000 years' time. I probably won't be around by then, but I'm sure it will be discussed in the forum.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I probably won't be around by then, but I'm sure it will be discussed in the forum.

We'll be all reincarnated by then and will all sense a bit of deja vu !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia