We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do UK campsites usually have cabins?

exdragon

Likes # 0

Hi - I'm sure a lot of you are keen campers and I was wondering if, as a rule, campsites have cabins in addition to tents and pitches for motorhomes?

I don't do tents, unless they have an en suite and a plug for my hairdryer and we don't have a van. I spent a couple of weeks last year in the Outback in Australia and stayed in a variety of cabins while my friends stayed in their caravan and it was great, sitting on a verandah, glass in hand, watching the sun go down.

If anyone does think cabins are a regular feature, I can then explore further.

Thanks.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Some do. Here is one in the New Forest: Sandy Balls New Forest

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

And another:

Forest Holidays

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

There's also these. [Pods1

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Thanks, that's the sort of thing, though I would say that the outback ones were more basic: mainly ship's containers, but fitted out very nicely!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Many site now have camping pods, some also have yurts (teepees)

Search for Glamping...

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I know the one near me in Shropshire has pitches for tents as well as caravans and some mobile home type constructions which one can hire. With a supermarket beside the site and blocks with showers it certainly isn't camping as I new it as a boy.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Some are called Log Cabins (the newer ones I think) other sites call them Chalets. The static caravans are quite posh these days too (shower and a proper wc).

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Renting a cabin will depend on whether you will want to stay for a several days or for just one night. You may find it difficult to get one for just one night or for less than a week.

In that past I've stayed at many campsites in a motor caravan and I do not remember any having cabins. You can, of course, hire a motorcaravan with loo, shower, plug in electrics, etc. In this day and age it is interesting to see that the men still get the job of filling water, connecting up and emptying the waste and the women do the cooking, unless it is a BBQ. Sat on a beautiful campsite with a glass of wine and a good book takes some beating.

You can get cabins at a number of forest sites. This is just one example Forest Holidays

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback