We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No More Jingles

finerty

Likes # 0

No more Jingles

How could they get rid of Jingles, Jingles hlep you recognise hat station your listening to.

Now this policy by the BBC this stark bloody loony for the BBc to do this.

And no im not talking about Chritmas Jingles! Im talking about Radio Jingles

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The closest BBC Radio 4 gets to a 'jingle' is the hourly 'time-signal' or 'beeps'...except at 10am on sunday mornings when it's replaced with the Archers' omnibus music intro....(the only time, I think).

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I can take or leave jingles. Believe it or not they are very expensive to make and until quite recently were still produced on 8 track where they were played by DJ's on banks of players.

Knowing one or two local BBC Radio station managers I was always fortunate in getting my hands on discarded players which we used in our hospital radio station and for that I was thankful. I'm not too sure how they are done these days. Some DJ's had very good ones but other were pretty crass.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

If they'd eliminate the damned bass heavy jingle from the the tv news broadcasts I'd be more than happy!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Let the Jingles remain in the world of the inane.

My main beef is that the BBC seems to have forgotten that radio 4 is not designed to be listened to by the mentally challenged, it's something people grow into as they mature and as such has a constantly growing market without seeking younger listeners. It is, of course, necessary for Radio 4 listeners to accept that this years 40 year old's grew up with different tastes and triggers to their predecessors.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I think the attempt to get a tune to fit round Ryan Tubridy's name as he covers for Chris Evans has maybe killed the Jingle singers

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Radio jingles are an incredibly powerful identifier for radio.

30+ years on, whenever the number 247 comes before my eyes, the old Radio 1 247 am jingle starts running through my mind for the next hour or so!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

morddwydd - Eliminate the bass on BBC news - yes please!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks