We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is the iMac getting an upgrade soon?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am seriously thinking of buying a new iMac. But someone mentioned that they had heard it was due an upgrade and that it may be wiser to wait for that. Has anybody any idea if that is happening and if so, how soon?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

TonyV

I worked in an office with more than thirty Macs, i have an iMac and a Macbook at home. Of those thirty two machines not one has had the problems you describe. It seems that for whatever reason you have been very unlucky.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

TonyV. but they did correct them for you at no cost I take it? What is their support like? Do I need to pay out for that?

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Bremner

I even bought a wireless keypad from Apple for the number pad which they do not include as a normal part of their keyboard. That has gone back because it does not work. It went to sleep and never woke up. Again they are replacing it free of charge. It only adds to my displeasure!!

Bing.alau

Their service is good, but being a cynic now, may be it has to be!! They have hopefully sorted it, but I have no real confidence in it and am rueing the day I spent £1k on it!!

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

You will get 90 days free telephone help from date of purchase but after that you will have to pay £139 for three years cover. You get 12 months warranty as well of course.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau
"I am surprised that he doesn't ask for map co-ordinates (and post code) when someone guesses his Friday evening postcard puzzle correctly"

I was thinking of that............. but thought I would get accused of favouritism to ex-servicemen ;o}

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Surely with postcodes it would be favouritism to ex-postmen!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Woolwell and them as well!!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

If map co-ordinates and post codes get upgraded like computers do, then I am way off the mark.

It would keep the enemy guessing though wouldn't it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features