We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2012 What did you enjoy most?

Sapins

Likes # 0

The most unexpected highlight for me was the 3(ribbons) and 2(hoops)

My wife found the channel when browsing, we both sat entranced by the displays of precision and artistic talent. Apart from the overdone makeup it was a delight to watch, some of the moves were so fast it was difficult at times to keep up. We are glad we found he channel and will definitely watch it again when it's on.

Like this post
Zantika

Likes # 0

The first gold medal!!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

The spectators, without whom the lot would have been a waste of everything that had been committed to the games themselves.

I enjoyed being able to watch on TV too, something unavailable in 1948. But those days came back in my minds' eye. So I must have watched bits on cinema newsreels. I wonder how those athletes would have appreciated the modern running tracks etc.?

I'm looking forward to watching the next Olympics in Rio (and a couple more after that I hope) and who knows with modern science and advances in medicine, my 40+ year old children may see the next Olympic Games held in this country.

I like the idea that it may be held in Much Wenlock (Salop). The steak and kidney pies in the high street butchers in that lovely town, will sustain any athlete right through the games.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

There's not Much chance of Wenlock making an appearance at an Olympics held at the Shrewsbury county show ground, not unless the recession takes a turn for the worse...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - I've only (just) been sat here for an hour, watching "The Story Behind The Magic" animation - the reason being...a slow mobile BB dongle...5 second bursts of action with 1 minute pauses....anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed your link...as I did not know what those 'beadie-eyed' figurines were all about...now I know.BTW, I will be watching the Paraplegic Games, with the same interest...but will still 'dumb down' the TV commentators/ talking-heads. ;0]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...