We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New forum late night posting idea

interzone55
Resolved

Likes # 0

We've all come across late night posts that are maybe not 100% tasteful, maybe some of are even guilty of this.

A couple of years ago Google added an optional feature to their Gmail service that wouldn't allow you to send an email late at night until you'd answered a couple of maths questions, thus potentially saving you from sending ill advised emails to your boss whilst under the influence.

Maybe FE could add something like that to the Forums to save some of our members from themselves...

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'diatribe' and then review the paranoia situation.

di·a·tribe: noun?

A forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.

One thing that I am content with, is my usage and understanding of the English language. I always choose my words with care.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Flak999

It wasn't forceful, bitter, or even verbal

When in a hole it's generally best to stop digging.

If you want to rant, please start your own thread...

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

alan14

Thank you for your comments, however I'm quite capable of making my own decisions. I'm not in the habit of ranting, and I will not be starting now!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Flak999

We can both play at that game, after all you've done your best to get my thread locked, so I'll just help you along.

rant verb (used without object) 1. to speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way; rave:

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

alan14

It's really not necessary to be childish is it? If you want your thread locked just contact the FE I'm sure he will oblige!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Flak999

I'm not being childish - you're the one who started with definitions.

I started this thread in a light hearted vein, but somehow you managed to bring up your race theories from a past locked thread.

I will do as you suggest and email FE to lock the thread

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

alan14

Whatever makes you happy.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

And that's the whole point - being happy rather than a nest of twisted hatred...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would only concur with your suggestion alan14, just as long as the FE was also checked for lucidity of thought.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

We already have enough rules and regs here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy your gadgets at launch: Wait and pick up a bargain

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?