We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New forum late night posting idea

interzone55
Resolved

Likes # 0

We've all come across late night posts that are maybe not 100% tasteful, maybe some of are even guilty of this.

A couple of years ago Google added an optional feature to their Gmail service that wouldn't allow you to send an email late at night until you'd answered a couple of maths questions, thus potentially saving you from sending ill advised emails to your boss whilst under the influence.

Maybe FE could add something like that to the Forums to save some of our members from themselves...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

woody

"With any debate that has freedom to express the facts, invariably the people that have a minority view will be shown for the weakness of their argument.So why stifle a debate when the good guys (majority) will always win?"

Because by the time the good guys win the harm may already have been done.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

"Because by the time the good guys win the harm may already have been done."

Or because it is not PC to allow the truth/facts to be told!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

woody

"Or because it is not PC to allow the truth/facts to be told!"

It's perfectly OK for facts to be stated and the truth to be told, I've never said it was otherwise.

What isn't OK is when someone posts opinions and claims that they are fact, or when people take factual evidence and attempt to contort it to fit their preconceptions.

Race oriented discussions - for I assume that's what you meant - are sensitive at the best of times, but when they take place on a public access web forum people like me need to be particularly careful to ensure that nobody crosses the line. If I think it is crossed at any point I'll take action to rectify the situation.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

FE On this thread you have the cheek to find fault with N47 at 12:32AM page 4 and yet allow the sick posting of inane totally insensitive comments such as can be found in the thread http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4163039/tissue-sample-amp-body-parts-hysteria/?ob=datea&pn=3 Posted August 11, 2012 at 8:48PM and the "tough! I make no appologies" on page 4 at 9:45AM followed by a very lame apology on page 5

I would have brought it to your attention via the 'Contact Forum Editor' but that's not working and just throws up an error message.

I don't think I'm the only one who is fed up with inane postings ruining serious threads.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I have a responsibility to ensure that we don't break the law, or allow people like you to do it.

Point out to me please, which statements I have made that break the law?

As for the rest of it, your lengthy diatribe directed towards me is no more than I anticipated. (and you accuse me of paranoia!)

However, that is the way things are and I guess that I either have to like it or lump it?

So, until the next time!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

lotvic - you will just not " Let it lie ".The FE knows what he's doing.

Why don't you [ lotvic ] get off of my back (cloud), {pretty} please.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Flak999

Lengthy diatribe, what lengthy diatribe? I simply responded to the points you made in your post. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'diatribe' and then review the paranoia situation.

I'm not pointing out any statements of yours that break the law because I didn't say there were any - you've invented that, as you seem to invent so many other things. What I actually said was that it was my job to stop you from doing it, and - so far - I have.

As you say, you either have to like it or lump it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

lotvic

I'm sorry that you've experienced difficulty with the contact link. It's working OK for lots of other people, and it was fine just now when I tried it, so I'm stuck for an explanation I'm afraid.

Why not try it again, and let me know if you still have a problem?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I opened a can of worms here didn't I

Best mark it as resolved and hope everyone calms down a little :-)

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

FE, contact link still not working for me via that thread or this one, it says 'You have errors in your form.. etc' or I get 'There has been a problem with your request etc' if I click on ok I get a darkened screen. I have screenshots of all if you want to see them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features