We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New forum late night posting idea

interzone55
Resolved

Likes # 0

We've all come across late night posts that are maybe not 100% tasteful, maybe some of are even guilty of this.

A couple of years ago Google added an optional feature to their Gmail service that wouldn't allow you to send an email late at night until you'd answered a couple of maths questions, thus potentially saving you from sending ill advised emails to your boss whilst under the influence.

Maybe FE could add something like that to the Forums to save some of our members from themselves...

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Yeuk.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Late at Night:

As a Forum with an International Membership, you would need to define Late at Night:.

Possibly in terms of Time Zone

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I work a nightshift from time to time and come onto here during my breaks, the rest of the time I work the lateshift which finishes at 01:15 and I come on here breaks and after work so if that sort of thing was adopted it would make me more reluctant.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I think a little animation of a bat 'fluttering' across the screen (with or without sound effects) would be appropriate for 'night owl' posters ... after the midnight hour or an hour deemed OK by FE.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I cannot see what all the fuss is about (maybe not 100% tasteful).

I recall the days of The Lounge, when a good few members contributed to early morning chatter and banter, which you do not seem to get now, with Speakers Corner?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Keep the good work up, you might be in with a chance of the 2012 PCA Forum Awards.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

You do all realise this was a joke - I would have thought the deceptively easy maths question should have been a clue...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

lol, fourm member said it all at 10:43AM

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I recall the days of The Lounge, when a good few members contributed to early morning chatter and banter, which you do not seem to get now, with Speakers Corner?."

In those days we had what I used to call 'the night crew'. They were people who had discussions about all kinds of things late into the night and into the early hours of the morning. I used to join in, and although the proceedings occasionally degenerated into personal abuse we generally had some interesting times.

I don't know why, but it doesn't happen now. The forum is still here, I am still here, and you are all here. Some of you remember those days, and perhaps you know the answer.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I don't know why, but it doesn't happen now. The forum is still here, I am still here, and you are all here. Some of you remember those days, and perhaps you know the answer.

I can hazard a guess, but it's probably better if I don't!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad