We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New forum late night posting idea

interzone55
Resolved

Likes # 0

We've all come across late night posts that are maybe not 100% tasteful, maybe some of are even guilty of this.

A couple of years ago Google added an optional feature to their Gmail service that wouldn't allow you to send an email late at night until you'd answered a couple of maths questions, thus potentially saving you from sending ill advised emails to your boss whilst under the influence.

Maybe FE could add something like that to the Forums to save some of our members from themselves...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would only concur with your suggestion alan14, just as long as the FE was also checked for lucidity of thought.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

We already have enough rules and regs here.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Chronus

But it would save FE deleting so many posts if they didn't appear in the first place, as the poster would stumble over working out ((9.67^3)/?)x0

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

For some reason the character for Pi was replaced by a question mark...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...anything multiplied by zero...is zero.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

alan14 I would never be able to post anything in the daytime never mind at night.

It's not a sight that MENSA ever watches for new members or have you just got a new calculator.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

But it would save FE deleting so many posts ....

But then the Silver Mouse would get bored doing nothing!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

When I inadvertently 'slip in' a 'below the belt' remark (albeit, on very rare occasions)...I have total confidence in Forum Editor to swiftly erase the offending misdemeanour.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It only happens (inane postings) when it's a full moon.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, We wish - once a month you would be easier to cope with.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data