We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Ultimate Closing Down Sale...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

If you want a genuine piece of Olympic memorabilia, complete with a certificate of authentication check out the 2012 Memorabilia Auction

I now know why they wanted Bolt's yellow baton back!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

The marathon runners were throwing away plenty of plastic water bottles. So maybe they will be worth a few bob in future on "Flog It" or some other antiques' show.

Come to think of it, why aren't the marathon runners pulled over by the local Bobbie for littering the streets? Not setting a very good example to our children are they?

What will happen to all the bouquets of flowers handed out to the athletes? I expected to see some of them thrown to the spectators, like wrist bands at Wimbledon. But never saw that happen. I suppose they could be dried and kept for souvenirs for many years to come.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

"...but I'll bet they'll be able to name which two monarchs managed a Diamond Jubilee."

I'll put 50p ew (each way) that even the word 'monarch' will be not be understood by many of our poorly taught children.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I think the closing down sale started about a week ago for me and other subscriber's to certain daily promotion websites.

Mascots and similar 'Olympic' got to have's, where being sold at very high prices, and as the week drawn on the prices reduced drastically. Today's promos are being advertised at 80% off.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

How do you get 80% off in auction, surely you make a bid, and the highest bid wins?

I have the impression it's run the same as Ebay.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I wasn't referring to auction, but promotional product prices. At least with that, you know what you are expected to pay, and not be drawn into another buying frenzy!.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Olympic Memorabilia will hold its value in much the same way as Facebook Shares.

So long as you don't consider what you buy as an Investment, it's great stuff to have

Like this post
Bapou

Likes # 0

Unlucky in the memorabilia auction? Then try your luck on EBay for some Bottled London Atmosphere.

If you are daft enough to of course.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...