We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Ultimate Closing Down Sale...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

If you want a genuine piece of Olympic memorabilia, complete with a certificate of authentication check out the 2012 Memorabilia Auction

I now know why they wanted Bolt's yellow baton back!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

According to the BBC the Daily Star on Sunday says we have just had two of the most extraordinary weeks in our island history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19231286

I know that they have been more successful than anyone could have dreamed, but come on!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

There's a medalist's baton currently got a bid of £1,855 on it. Any guesses as to what the Jamaican teams world record winning baton will fetch?

Any advance on £100,000...?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's why I checked it out. They got a rare bit of free advertising to the BBC's captive audience this morning!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Can I make bid for Bradley's sideburns...in matching frames?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Cycle frames?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

That'll do...but must be gold.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

We've still got dozens of big Olympic banners attached to lamp-posts surrounding Hampden Football Park on the southside of Glasgow...unfortunately they're just out of (my) reach.They would make great souvenirs ;o]

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Looking at the marathon, there's going to be thousands of purple London 2012 barrier banners that'll make good beach wind breaks.

I reckon they should be in budget for me.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I think for most people the description would ring pretty true."

Maybe in their lifetime, but in our history?

Up there with the two weeks of the Norman invasion, or the two weeks surrounding the time when we executed our sovereign, or even the two weeks around the Armada?

Let's keep a sense of perspective amid all the euphoria.

In twenty years time most people will not be able to name one British gold medallist, but I'll bet they'll be able to name which two monarchs managed a Diamond Jubilee.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"...but I'll bet they'll be able to name which two monarchs managed a Diamond Jubilee."

I wouldn't put my money on that the way education gets dumbed down these days!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room