We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 711

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

I shall leave this GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD for the night shift cos’ I’m turning in soon. It is not in good shape and the back is even worse.

click here

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I'm turning in now folks, G'Night All.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Good night Brumas and thanks for all the fun you provide. I mat be away for a while soon to try and fix a problem.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

That has a New Zealand look about it?

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Is that two air traffic control towers on the hill?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

The telegraph poles may give a clue as to country - I think it is not UK, but cannot yet find a match on the poles. Maybe Scandinavia?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I haven't even yet figured out if that's a 'lump of water' or dry land 'centre stage'; and telegraph pole seems to have a single 'curly' cross-bar.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Rick'scafe - The one on the left is a tall pylon standing somewher in the foreground and probably a transmitter. The one on the right looks like a monument of some description. Probably linked to the church to the right.

Thought initially it might be Wales but those 3 storey buildings aren't typical. The rooves also don't look steep enough to get rid of the rain in Wales!

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

I think given the track marks on the foreground that the section in the middle is land.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Taff, I am not sure that is a pylon, there isn't another one anywhere?!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The one in the foreground is almost certainly a mast associated with radio.

The buildings have a military or prison feel about them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...