We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

You saw it here first!

Sapins
Resolved

Likes # 1

I have written the headline in readiness for Team GB winning 24th Gold Medal.

"24carat Team."

Well, someones got to do it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

fm, 20 gold 12 silver indulge me, not obvious, please explain.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

lotvic

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Arggggh Duh me. thanks.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

24carat team it is!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"But Welsh gold is 25 carat."

I'm obviously missing some deep significance in that statement, and at the risk of becoming a laughing stock I'll point out that you can't get 25 carat gold. Pure gold is 24 carat.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Did a Welsh person win a gold Medal, perhaps?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

I must admit I was also a little puzzled at 25 carat and no doubt some logical explanation will be presented before long. You are nearly perfectly right about the 24 carat pure gold but I think it is an impossible number to reach for a reason I cannot remember and 24 carat is actually 23.99r or something like that

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

You're right - absolutely pure gold is 24 carats, but it's impossible to obtain it economically. The highest commercially obtainable gold is actually 23.988 carats, but it's normally referred to as 24 carat.

In the entire history of the human race 165,000 tons of gold have been mined.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...The Jones lass won a Gold in a Martian Art. TEAM GB's 25th.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You're quite right HB, clearly Condom and the FE didn't notice anything passing over their heads at such close range:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia