We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: On which type(S) of device would you prefer to use Windows 8?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Microsoft's revolutionary new OS is set to launch in the very near future - we want to know what device you are most looking forward to using Windows 8 on.

Let us know.

Poll: On which type(S) of device would you prefer to use Windows 8?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 1

I'm still using XP but thinking of lashing out on an iMac soon. Why do they keep changing the system? Is the previous one broken? Or is it a money thing?

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

I've got no plans on Windows 8 at the moment, unless the Media Centre add-on has some major functionality improvements. W7 is working perfectly well for my uses on desktop, and vista on laptop.

All the mobile devices in the house are running Android, which again, works perfectly well and none will need replacing for the foreseeable future.

Sorry MS, not much business from me this time round!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

My XP & Win 7 machines ain't broke yet.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I used the release candidate for a while dual booting with Win 7 and did not find it very intuitive. I accept that there learning curve whenever you switch to a new O.S. but this was one curve too far. Perhaps I'm getting too old but it shouldn't be a case of teaching 'an old dog new tricks' but increasing the usefulness of the ones already learned. With my experience so far its got to be a big 'Won't be using Win 8 from me.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I plan to buy a W8 Tablet almost as soon as it is launched.

I shall just wait for long enough for any major glitches to be identified and solutions to be activated.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

As I only use desktops for home and work I don't think I will bother. ( just had my last Win 3.1 machine fail - sob sob.)

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I an happy with W7 and will only consider a change if my desktop needs replacing in a couple of years or more. My laptop will stay on W7. If W8 works on an iPad I might buy one.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I have been trying out the beta and am very underwhelmed.

As I only use Windows (rarely) on a bootcamp partition om my iMac i will be sticking to W7.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I've been using the preview version on a touch screen laptop for a month or so.

As I've said elsewhere, I find myself having to reboot to Win 7 (which works just as well with a touch screen if you set it up right) after about 30 minutes of use.

I won't be upgrading.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

No plans for Win 8. My desktop is still young, and I'm about to buy an Android tab and/or a netbook (or something more netbook size with decent laptop spec, android or windows).

I've only seen Windows 8 in youtube videos. I'm unimpressed so far. Though I don't know if I will be sufficiently underwhelmed, when the time comes, to actively avoid having it on a new desktop; path of least resistance and all that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room