We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Magic Wheels?

hssutton

Likes # 0

The French are suggesting that our cycling team are using magic wheels. Sour grapes? or have the cyclists/cycles been training at Hogswarts?

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Forgot he link Magic Wheels

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Could be the Harry Potter effect

Or

Magic mushrooms

Or

Simply jealousy.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"Or

Simply jealousy."

You've hit the nail square on the head! Especially because we got first and second place in their tour.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

The same people who reckoned Fabian Cancellara had a motor hidden in the frame of his bike because he was virtually unbeatable last year in time trials and the early classics. I think perhaps the scrutineers might have picked up on illegalities with the bikes. Luckily they limited it to only one entrant per nation per event in the cycling as I doubt that the French would have even got silver in the sprint if Chris Hoy had been in it as well.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

The British cycling supremo on BBC TV this morning confessed that he had told the French that the secret, was in having perfectly "round" wheels. It seems they didn't get the joke and in one of their papers said that we were cheating by using "round wheels"..... Must admit, I don't get the joke either.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Nothing like a good loser in any sport event. Bit like telling a baby to stop throwing its toys out of the pram :O(

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"The British cycling supremo on BBC TV this morning confessed that he had told the French that the secret, was in having perfectly "round" wheels. It seems they didn't get the joke and in one of their papers said that we were cheating by using "round wheels"

Perhaps the French would like us to use square wheels? Give their people a chance!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

According to one team arrangers on TV yesterday it was the same wheels used in there last competition in Europe somewhere.

They were put in plastic bags to save dirt getting on them and then used in this competition.

The results that they have been getting is hard training and peaking at the right time.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

It's only because the French have 1 forward gear and 5 reverse

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

carver

Ouch.LOL.

I believe the Aussies were also complaining that the cheering was to loud also earlier last week.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote