We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

If Yorkshire Was A Country

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It seems that we'd be tenth in the medal table right now...

Not bad:)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

What cricket or darts ;o)

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Or looking for independence?? ;-)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

They would still be second to Lancashire!!!! They would also need a lot of interpreters.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"If Yorkshire Was A Country"

Ecky thump would be their national sport.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It surely proves that we're God's favourite county;)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Red and White roses spring to mind about favourite county.

I'll get my coat :O)

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

If we are going to have a county medal count, maybe we should go by population/percentages.

I think it is a good idea to promote county rivalry in sports. Competition may be a good way of upping the ante prior to the next Olympic games.

Has anyone done a survey of medals won by counties so far, or is it just some keen Yorkshire person doing it for their own satisfaction?

I reckon Merseyside (used to be part of Lancashire) is doing pretty well but I am not keen enough to start doing a count.

Then of course we have the counties in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They seem to be doing o.k. too.

Just thought on... If Merseyside were still counted as Lancashire, maybe Yorkshire would be way back....

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam, Never mind a country, I am declaring autonomy for the East Riding ;o}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...and the Independent State of Yorkshire wins again in the triathlon!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"...is it just some keen Yorkshire person doing it for their own satisfaction?"

Of course:)

"maybe we should go by population/percentages"

If it's done that way, we'll be No1 in the medals table!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more