We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Reinvented

shellship
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've been a member for more years than I recall but today I was asked to confirm my name etc. Did so and now find I am a new member, joined in August 2012 with no past posts. What on earth is going on?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

If you search through the forums you will find many posts of a similar nature, but in essence PCA do essential maintenance ETC which invariably leads to problems of one sort or another, yours being one of them which seems to have affected quite a few members.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You can still type your name into Search forums to get your past record.

They know about it and will fix it as soon they can.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

shellship

Exactly the same has happened to me, I suppose they will eventually sort it out (as buteman says) - but with all the strange happenings on this site in the last few weeks it's hardly a ringing endorsement for "PC Advisor, Expert Advice you can trust", is it??

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Thanks folks.

Like this post  
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The problem that you and other people have had is the result of problems that arose when we updated our databases.

We're furious with ourselves for allowing it to happen, but it did, and we're working hard to fix things as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, all I can offer is a sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Chronus

"...but in essence PCA do essential maintenance ETC which invariably leads to problems of one sort or another"

Facts are always preferable to fiction. Our maintenance routines do not "invariably" lead to problems; the vast majority pass without a ripple on the forum surface, so you don't even know they've happened.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings