We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Team GB

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Are there still any doubting prophets of doom out there?

This nation is experiencing the greatest national feelgood factor I've ever experienced. The general uplift is quite noticeable everywhere around here, especially with a local gold athlete doing so well.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

No full moon blues with that one.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I think it's true to say there is a fair bit of national pride in the air, although I'm sure there are lots of people who aren't a bit interested in the success our athletes are having.

My son was in the stadium this evening to see Jessica Ennis do her stuff, and he sent me a text to say he has never experienced anything like the atmosphere there. I imagine the Sunday front pages will be full of it all.

We're roughly halfway through the games now, and so far I believe we have put on a pretty good show - the organisation has certainly been excellent.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor , wherever did you get the idea that "there are lots of people who aren't a bit interested in the success our athletes are having" get into your thoughts?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rdave13

I can't imagine.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor . Unusual for you.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Watched BBC "catch up" Jessica Ennis medal ceremony,overwhelming performance and overwhelming emotions from her and crowd so well done,also watched the 'Velodrome Girls' incredible 6 world records and the gold,awesome performance.

Then watched 'sour face' Pearce,those penalties again.

Seem to do particularly well in rowing and cycling.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Up to now these games have surpassed anything I could have dreamed of, we have actually got facility's that any country would be proud to own plus a team of athletes that every one in this country should be proud of.

I was in a shop this afternoon while the men's double sculls was on and every person in that shop just crowded round the TV to watch them, mind you it's a pity we can't score penalties.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Every England football manager says the same thing - you can't practice the pressure of a penalty shootout.

If that's the case then how did Germany get so good at them.

I think I have the answer to the pressure problem though.

Simply get someone to hold a bag full of the player's cash and a cigarette lighter, if they miss they lose ten grand

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"there are lots of people who aren't a bit interested in the success our athletes are having"

Guilty as charged!

That doesn't mean to say that I am not happy for the people who do have such an interest, or that I don't recognize the joy and happiness (and inspiration) that the medal winners are bringing.

As I've said before, Like football and Formula 1, it just ain't my bag!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

the organisation has certainly been excellent.

Yep the empty seats have been testament to the excellent organisation.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features