We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tesco's Finest and Clubcard Points Too

oresome

Likes # 0

Tesco are offering mortgages from next week along with the groceries and customers will receive one point for every four pounds of monthly repayment.

I hope I don't get in the queue behind the customer completing the mortgage application at the checkout.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Grey Goo

If you check, you will most probably find that most major supermarket groups are offering 'banking services' and all that is attached to that. If you dig even deeper, you might even find that the mentioned supermarkets are nothing more than commission agents, who are allowing their name to be used.

The same may well apply to insurance or assurance services being offered.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I shop regularly in Tesco Lotus in Thailand and the thing that always amazes me is things like HP sauce and other UK brands are always cheaper there than over here despite the shipping costs. My understanding is that much of Tesco's profits are emanating from their Lotus stores and not from the UK ones. I don't find them cheapest here as ASDA appear to undercut them on most things.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

spuds

On the FSA site they are listed as Tesco Financial Services plc. It is true that Sainsbury's is a brand of Lloyds Bank, but then again so is Halifax. As long as the Bank is covered by the compensation scheme and you get a good deal you should be OK. You have to watch out for the different Brands of the same Bank as compensation is limited to £85K per bank.(Per person)

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

Tesco Financial Services did start off life as a joint venture with RBS, but is now wholly owned by Tesco following a buyout a few years ago.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more