We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tesco's Finest and Clubcard Points Too

oresome

Likes # 0

Tesco are offering mortgages from next week along with the groceries and customers will receive one point for every four pounds of monthly repayment.

I hope I don't get in the queue behind the customer completing the mortgage application at the checkout.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I thought that the title praise was for the Tesco Summer Clubcard Voucher Exchange Scheme, that started on 30th July 2012 and runs till 29th August 2012 :O)

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Will they have the houses on the shelves, or out in the car park?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Are they available for home delivery?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

A 1% 'off' rent-payers' monthly bill would be an even better scheme.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As far as groceries go I've abandoned Asda and Tesco. Far too expensive. The alternatives give similar, if not better, quality of foodstuffs at a competitive price.

As for a mortgage from a supermarket then I'd give it a miss.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"As for a mortgage from a supermarket then I'd give it a miss."

Why is that?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Because they're getting expensive in their basic groceries, so it might follow their basic mortgages will follow suit.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rdave13

"Because they're getting expensive in their basic groceries"

Which groceries, and compared to which other store chain? The retail food market is very competitive, and as a consumer what you gain on the roundabout you'll lose on the swings.

"so it might follow their basic mortgages will follow suit."

Why should it? The finance market is competitive, and Tesco know all about how to compete.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm obviously in the wrong again. Ahh to be a god of knowledge.

Tesco know all about how to compete, as with everything it's only 'as of now' they have the knowledge of. I believe they have serious problems ahead, as with Asda, as the financial cuts, that will begin, truly bites.

They have begun to be more expensive that their German counterparts and so they will face larger and larger problems in my most humble opinion.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rdave13

"I'm obviously in the wrong again. Ahh to be a god of knowledge."

Don't be so childish - perhaps you are wrong and perhaps you are not, either way, there's no need to be offensive, just because someone doesn't agree with what you say. If you don't want your posts to be responded to it would be better not to post in the first place.

You say - of Tesco - that "as with everything it's only 'as of now' they have the knowledge of." which is a ridiculous statement - Tesco is Britain's biggest food retailer, and is the third largest retailer in the world. The company has been in existence for over 80 years, and has traded successfully through good times and bad.

Instability in the world's economies is affecting Tesco as it's affecting every multinational retailing business, and the result will be a period of uncertainty for the company. It will weather the storm however, because it has huge financial resources, and a wealth of expertise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes