We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

4G Phone Speeds

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

were mentioned recently (I can't remember which thread it was on), and the FE said that it would make 3G look stationary (or words to similar effect).

I thought at the time that it was something that wouldn't interest me much at all, 3G was doing everything I expected of it for idle mobile web surfing. But after seeing how many of us at Headingley yesterday were trying to watch an Olympic event and suddenly got a slowdown at a crucial moment (for me it was the last hundred yards in which we won the rowing final!!!), I can now see that I'll be buying into 4G as soon as I can get my hands on it!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The Men's 100m final will be over in less than ten seconds...blink...and you might miss it ;o]

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The thing to remember about all mobile devices is the fact that Internet access speeds are always going to be highly dependent on bandwidth. During the Olympic games the mobile networks are under enormous pressure, as you've discovered.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

4G isn't going to be genuine 4G,there's a "war" on with potential providers of various systems that will be faster than 3G but nowhere near the genuine 4G(as in the USA)Also,as FE pointed out,bandwidth allowances can become heavily used so resulting in slower speeds.I cant find the site where all the various forms of 4G were mentioned,but did find this one mentioning two...

http://tinyurl.com/d8gbvt5

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......