We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Olympic First Class Stamps

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Gold medal stamps honour Team GB 2012 Olympics winners

I think that that is absolutely the most fantastic gesture of national recognition that we have ever granted to successful Olympic competitors!

What more can one say?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You read it here first, I told you being on a stamp was real top kudos!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

After today, maybe it's time that we got the coaches of the cyclists and the rowers to coach our GB football teams?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 1

Then again maybe the footballers (male and female) realised they wouldn't fit on a stamp, so they didn't try all that hard.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Team GB football can't do penalty shootouts either!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

And they're even issuing stamps on a Sunday for the first time ever today. I can't imagine that they thought they would need to be printing everyday and for so many different gold winners so far.

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

According to my mother-in-law, there's been 'murder & mutiny' in Penzance cause they ran out of Helen Glover stamps Helen Glover gold medal stamp shortage upsets Penzance locals

Gawd knows what they'll do if Ben Ainslie wins, as well, today

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Post offices will be besieged by mothers and aunts and grandmas of the winners to make sure they get the first day issue now that you've started a panic SimpleSimon1...

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Hmm, maybe I can get 10% commission from the post office for all the extra sales coming their way?

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

They are going to be busy 15 Golds and counting!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The latest from the Athletes village is that they are buying the stamps and getting them autographed by the relevant gold medalists while they're all in one place.

This will make a full collection of autographed stamps a real prize for the athletes.

Again you read it here first:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...