We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The height of Stupidity ?

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

My brother has gone on a cruise, and he is posting his photo's (look where I am),on Facebook. His address is readily accessable (along with a lot of other personal details) from this and other websites.

By advertising that the house is empty, I think he is asking for trouble.

What do you think?

Terry

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek - would you believe it; I have just reset it,(as per instructions) but now I can't open it.Luckily there's no key inside!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Have you not got an over-ride key with it?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The above is like leaving Car with Keys in Ignition. You will not get much sympathy if Burgles call

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Nontek - only a stick of dynamite might open it now.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Aitchbee - that's a pity, those little boxes can be quite useful.

I assume you know, from the instructions, that the hidden keyhole is behind the batteries.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Nontek - there are no batteries in this device...I'll have to contact me old mate 'Fingers' to crack this one ;o]

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Nontek

He says 'I worry too much'

Wizking & A194 & Forum Member

Whenever there is a 'Free' competion/Survey or similar, his details go on it.

Has multiple blogs and online chats, and yes his address is in public domain- No Encrypton -So his friends can keep in contact / call on him.

I hope for his sake that nothing happens- I live a few miles away, so cannot keep check for him.

Terry

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Terry Brown

I guess he must live with his fingers permanently crossed!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If the address as been posted on Facebook, then a quick look using Google Maps might life easier for someone?.

I recall the days, when a slip of the tongue en-route to the airport or docks was a no-no. My late father had his house cleared while he was away on a trip abroad many years ago. The taxi driver got a prison sentence for that.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

My wife's friend posted her new address and phone number on Facebook when they moved house.

My friends daughter used to have her address and phone number on all her Emails till I pointed it out to him how silly it was. And she was a 'High Flyer' in business, so you'd think she would have more sense.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone