We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Difficulty logging in today. Why?

canaries.lover

Likes # 0

Tried posting new subject earlier today and despite being logged in I was still directed to login screen where it constantly refused to recognise my password. New password still gave same result and I finally had to resort to registering as a new user. System still retains my user name though so I have had to do same as bing.alau and split my user name to register. Obviously I have now lost all my post history. When I tried posting this thread earlier I still got bumped off site so this is second attempt.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm very strange - and I thought everything was going so well today - at least, it is for me!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If you are using IE9 in compatibility mode then you get that sort of problem.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

BTW, I use Firefox 14.

Like this post
canaries.lover

Likes # 0

I was using Chrome at the time but I also tried Firefox. I got a page of script come up at first so I guess it was a site problem. Never use IE so that was not to blame.

Like this post
canaries.lover

Likes # 0

Now don't seem to be able to tick as resolved. Site doesn't like me!!!!

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

There was a period late yesterday afternoon when both Chrome and IE would not connect to email.

Favourite web sites including new visits were fine. All back to normal quite suddenly and has remained so.

Google Chrome at least acknowledged they were having difficulties.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Now don't seem to be able to tick as resolved. Site doesn't like me!!!!"

We do love you, rest assured. The problem you're having is associated with a recent database update that went badly wrong. Our data team is working to put things right, and I hope you'll soon find everything is back to normal.

In the meantime, please accept our apologies.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback