We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

...but the First GOLD is even sweeter!

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. YES! Well done.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I haven't seen it, but guessing it was rowing?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I enjoyed watching that race. Well done girls!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I have a feeling we will be seeing many repeats... So you will see it. I also enjoyed the womens' football match last night at Wembley.

Looks like the ladies are setting an example. Maybe "Wiggo" will get going this afternoon. That in turn may set the lads up for a better few days ahead.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Yes it was a good race, they went for gold or nothing and still managed a medal. I think everyone thought they'd pulled it of at 1500m.

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

Anybody looking for Bradley Wiggins to not pass the post first must like long odds.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The BBC deserve a GOLD for their easy-to-understand website coverage of the upcoming Olympic events:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/schedule-results

...I read (in this morning's Glasgow Herald) that Wiggns 'tweeted' - "a tea-leaf nicked my bag yesterday"...I can envisage a lucrative TV ad brewing...for tea-bags!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...Gold Label!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Nice one!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...and Quickbeam...you 'ave got your superlative 'knickers in a twist'.

Sweet < Sweeter < Sweetest.

Gong!

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I watched the Team cycling road race,and was disappointed GB failed to live up to all the media hype,but a glimmer of hope for the future was hearing/reading that Cavendish was going to be racing in todays Individual road races as he is reputed to be an awesome sprinter.I was again disappointed as no Cavendish in the list of racers,but that rapidly vanished when Chris Froome got bronze then Wiggins shot over the finish line to get gold.So my question is....what happened to Cavendish?

(I would hate to think he'd decided that victory in the Tour de France was all he needed on his race CV)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features