We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Style ATM-----An Absolute Disaaaaaaarster Daaarling

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Shopping yesterday at my local ASDA. Ineeded more cash than cash back will allow so went to the bank of ATM.s outside the store.

Oh these look new I thought- the card slot was a ball with a slot and the keupad was of the toutch type outside the machine rather than being tucked inside the casing.

Others were merrily using them and collecting cash.

-with the sun over my shoulder and shining onto the screen I could barely make out 'Enter Pin' It accepted it then up came the options- I at least could see the dark grey bars against the side buttons - but which was what I could not see at all.

Shortly angry chirruping from the machine was telling me to get on or cancel - so I cancelled.

After 3 attempts I gave up. D The builder today had to make do with a cheque. Dontt tell George.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Speaking of ATM's, I did something today with one that I haven't done for longer than I care to remember. And thats withdraw £5 notes!

WTM

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would like to see new-style ATM's incorporate extra buttons for entertainment purposes...available but not mandatory.

Quiz / Music / Jokes / Facts... 10 pence-a-go.

...all proceeds going to a charitable cause.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Nothing new about ATM's that you can't use in sunlight, Halifax perfected them years ago.

Like this post
NewestRoyWidd1

Likes # 0

Aitchbee;Were you being serious? It seems that you haven't been in a queue for an ATM when it's being used by a group of students who seem to do everything by a committee decision when they discuss how much cash each one of them is drawing out.

If your idea ever came into being,the queues would be even longer than at present.I speak from experience,having a large student population in my area.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...I would also like to see a ' cheapest local pub location ' button, for when I 'transact' away from home...that could be worth 50p-a-go.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I would like to see a clearer meaning on some machines than 'you will not be charged for withdrawing cash from this machine'

Misleading advertising, I think.

WTM

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"...I would also like to see a ' cheapest local pub location ' button, for when I 'transact' away from home...that could be worth 50p-a-go."

That's called a mobile phone, normally cheaper than 50 pence a pop.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

morddwyd - some parts o' Northern Scotland have nae phone signal tae talk aboot...but plenty o' ATM's

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The only place I know of in Northern Scotland with plenty of ATMs is Tesco City, Inverness, and that has a reasonable phone signal.

Most other places have the average number of ATms and an average phone signal.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

when I saw this thread I thought it was going to be that e-mail with the difference between a female and a male driver, pulling up at one and the rigmarole they go through to do the task. Very funny, unless you are a female of course.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback