We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Olympics Opening Ceremony

hssutton

Likes # 0

So what did you think of it? Well my daughter enjoyed it

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I missed it.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

At first I wasn't sure...after I got the 'message' of the whole caboodle I thoroughly laughed and enjoyed it...it was GREAT...I am now watching the nations' parade.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I thought it was superb.

Did you spot the NeXT computer on Tim Berners Lee's desk? That was the Web Server

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeXT_Computer

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Just got home, misssed it entirely. Not had the radio on, been listening to my language tapes all day. Up at stupid o'clock in the morn so not turning the TV on either. But I would only be concerned if I missed the debut of Elvis's comeback tour.

WTM

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

First bit was good! The second bit with all the teams is mind numbingly boring! recording the rest, I'm off to bed.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

I thought the ceremony was superb - something to be proud of instead of the whining and pretentious negativity that seems to pervade any thread on the subject of the games.

Some people seem to take a delight in pretending that they have no pride in what their country can do when we put our minds to it. I have no time for that attitude - they're the people who let others do all the work, while they sit back and grumble.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It was the first time I've ever watch a whole opening ceremony, that must be 'cause I got sucked into the hype of who would light the big Ronson.

And who would have thought that we would give the world a pantomime featuring IKB, Emily Pankhurst and Mary Poppins!

It was in fact really quite good, but I do feel that Mr Bean's mime caught the mood somewhat of the length of it...

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

Forum Editor , WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU RUMBLING ON ABOUT. Some people have no means of doing anything except for paying taxes to stage such a fiasco. Government, Bankers, the high and mighty of this land drop up into dire straights and you delight in yet gloating on wasted public funds. Last time it was fireworks for GOD BLESS LONDON on new years eve. You said, in another thread, that you thought you lived on another planet. Remember?Well, in my humble opinion, you do.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 1

Oh God... they're at it again FE!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ah, but roll on the actual events tomorrow:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room