We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

fly maggot burgers anyone

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

http://rt.com/programs/technology-update/masters-internet-future-food/

future food in russia burgers from fly maggots, food made frow sewage, and fish roe made from water and gel.

beats the forces worm omelets

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Not sure if you seen the documentery last year about swarms of flies in I believe Africa but it may have been india.

There is that many of them that they catch them in nets squash them all to gether like burgers and cook and eat them.

It looks disgusting but they believe that they are very nutricious.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Why not? There are plenty of roadside burger vans in this country selling rat burgers...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Buteman...I saw that TV programme too... David Attenborough highlighted a large lake in Africa where swarms of flies appeared in vast numbers.I forget how the local people caught them, but they rolled them up into 'meatballs' and David assured the TV audience, they were something of a delicacy.Yummy!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Not forgetting the Scottish speciality Fly Cemetery Slice, what with all the excess midges and all...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Insects are the future food source, food scientists can do wonders with additives to make them taste palatable

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

And very nice they are to.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Fly Cemetery Slices bring back wonderful memories of my younger days when we felt so brave eating them as we were not entirely sure what was in them. (For the uninitiated it was mincemeat like in Xmas pies)

When overseas I began to enjoy deep fried silk worms but I must admit to declining several other of the insect world when offered.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...would eating a portion of silk worms (five-a-day)...give you a silky smooth skin...I wonder.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I once got terrible food poisoning from a fish and chip shop in Silkstone about 30 years ago HB, and with only one portion too!

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

A friend returned from Egypt with an unhealthy dose of e-coli from a burger.He was awarded £750,000 as the e-coli has damaged many of his internal organs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia