We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Today's Kindle Deal. I must be the last of the big spenders

Bing.alau

Likes # 0

For those of us who own a Kindle, I thought I would ask if you have seen today's deal. (The Etymologicon) For 99 pence it looks a real bargain. I know a lot of us are fascinated with words and their meanings, so thought I mustn't let you miss this book. Just checked the spelling and have added this word to my dictionary.....

Oh yes, I then went on and splashed out on two more books at 20 pence each. £1.39 is probably enough to spend in one day, so I shall now get comfy in my armchair and see how much I can get through before the Olympics start.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Here's one for the austerity lot, but unfortunately not at an austerity price...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Can't you ask the FE to get rid of the full stop Bingalau? I get the impression you've adopted a double barrelled web tag.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. The offer was made to me, but I decided I like to have a double barrelled name. Just going to have shuffti at your link...

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

QB. I think I will wait until it has been reduced.

I remember those days very well. Austerity was the name of the game in every aspect of life. How the heck did we manage to know what was going on in those days? No TV, no PC's, No "Handy's" (German word for mobile phones and much better than ours). The good old days???

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That'll be as soon as the closing ceremony has finished then I would think.

And not to be outdone, do you think I should I become Agilis Refulgeo?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Yes.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Bing.alau It is off topic but I see that you have had to change your name. You were lucky, they changed my password for me which did cause the odd problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today