We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which of the following devices will you use to watch the Olympics?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Never before has there been so many different ways to watch the Olympic Games. We want to know how many different ways you plan on watching your favourite London 2012 events.

Let us know. Poll: Which of the following devices will you use to watch the Olympics? (Select more than one option if applicable)

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

marvin42

The arguments put forward if favour of blanket coverage on the main channels is basically "We want it so anybody who doesn't will have to put up with it and miss the programmes which they really enjoy". A somewhat selfish attitude, don't you think?

I maintain that the audience interested in the Olympics is bigger than the audience for say Bargain Hunt, so who is being selfish?

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Unless we (they) want these things to be truly amateur again (which they don't, there's too much money for CocaCola at stake), then the uninterested must simply find a good book or th eother channels for a few weeks.

I'm in a one man household, and haev only one TV. But in others, maybe the interested could go to their bedrooms, or arrangements could be made so that important routines are not adjusted.

Dr Robert Lustig is of the belief that children are in fact not less active nowadays, and certainly not enough to be as obese as some are**

It's food, and the amount and type of it.

**It isn't just kids of course. Also, Lustig would probably object to my addition of "...and certainly not enough to be as obese as some are".

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Just remembered that I will enjoy the wheelchair basketball.

Like this post
daisy2bell

Likes # 0

TV and "TV catchup" on ipad

Like this post
Wes.Clox

Likes # 0

Back to the question.

I shall be watching ( mostly )Jessica Ennis and the games On the laptop with SKY-Go

a) cos she's fit

b) she's from Sheffield

Did you know the the BBC has 24 HD and 24 ordinary Olympic channels on Sky

The games I am really looking forward to are

The paralympics.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

alan14 "I maintain that the audience interested in the Olympics is bigger than the audience for say Bargain Hunt, so who is being selfish?"

I'm sure you are correct in your very narrow assessment but I am sure that there are more people who would prefer to have their regular programmes shown than those WANTING to watch sport. Even those watching the Olympics won't want to watch every event.

The point is that having 1 event take over a main channel is severely restricting choice for EVERYBODY, particularly the majority who are not into sport. (BBC survey on the effect of the torch relay showed less than a third of those interviewed had any enthusiasm for the Olympics).

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

marvin42

I give up - you really can't seem to understand that this is the biggest even this country has held for decades, so it should be given the biggest platform, which means that the biggest broadcaster has an obligation to devote it's main channel to the event - if they didn't then they wouldn't have stood a chance of broadcasting future games, and I for one wouldn't want to see Adrian Chiles presenting the olympics coverage

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

alan14

I understand perfectly and can see your point of view. Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to understand that just because you hold that opinion, it doesn't make it right. More people are being inconvenienced than would be the case if this were on a less popular channel - those that wanted to watch would still be able to whilst those that didn't could still enjoy their normal routine.

I'm sorry you've given up - I was enjoying winding you up!!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Device? I asked her indoors to pass me the remote for my viewing Device and she asked me where I got this new name for the TV. Of course I blamed PCA.

She now thinks I'm madder than I look ;-)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Condom did she say.. "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device" ...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features