We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which of the following devices will you use to watch the Olympics?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Never before has there been so many different ways to watch the Olympic Games. We want to know how many different ways you plan on watching your favourite London 2012 events.

Let us know. Poll: Which of the following devices will you use to watch the Olympics? (Select more than one option if applicable)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...we might just save them if WTM can be sweetened to come over from the negative camp and throw his (very big) hat in with us positives:)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

"If this poll in indicative of the whole country, we might as well cancel the games now...!"

I assume you meant this thread,in which case I'm fairly sure that the negative opinions expressed are not indicative of the feelings of everyone in the country.

Those who don't like sport and/or the idea of the Olympic games are perfectly entitled to say so, but frankly I find it hard to believe that many of those same people won't end up watching along with the rest of us - even though they would die rather than admit it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I am not interested in watching the Games in any shape or form, but I do usually like to watch the News on TV, so no doubt I will see quite a lot of the Games of course.

I would not put the TV on just in order to watch/concentrate of the Games.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's just occurred to me that I'll use a smartphone more than I thought as I'll be at the Headingley test for a couple of days. I wonder what sort of proportion there will be doing the same?

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Nontek and I are not alone in this. BBC 1 will not be on in this house for the next 3 weeks.

Why is it that, when I say that sport has no interest for me, I am accused of being negative? What gives anybody the right to force the Olympics at me interminably? I am already fed up with hearing about it and am still trying to understand the point of the very expensive and protracted torch relay.

I'm not against televising events such as this - just the disruption to the 'normal' viewing schedules. I may watch bits of the opening ceremony which, for the most part, has nothing to do with sport. Having said that why does a 3.5 hour event need a 2 hour introductory programme?

We are in the worst recession since records began (BBC Radio 2 this morning) and yet are spending billions on this event.

End of rant (for now anyway).

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Maybe an Off Button option should have been in the poll.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

If all the coverage of the games convinces a few of the obese kids to change their ways and try a bit of exercise it will have done good. Too many of us sit watching TV or sitting staring at PC's. I have my personal excuse of age.

But if I were younger I would be taking part in an activity, not sitting on my backside moaning about having my favourite program taken away from my TV etc. If you are capable then get out there and have a go yourself. If for reasons of age or infirmity you can't do that, then watch those who can, and enjoy it. Go on you know you want to!

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

There's an awful lot of telling folk what to do going on. There's also a lot of "with us or against us" logic.

The fat kids will see the Coke and McD's ads and continue to be fat. Excercise would do them little good in any case unless they eat less too.

My original reply shoudl have contained something to the effect of "if i watch it at all". I'm a cynic, I confess, but I will probably tune in to soem of it, though i dont know what yet.

And you can't watch anything with an off button ;)

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Bing.alau "If all the coverage of the games convinces a few of the obese kids to change their ways and try a bit of exercise it will have done good."

Maybe it will but what do we pay educators for? And shouldn't they be out enjoying the weather (if it lasts) instead of "Too many of us sit watching TV" whilst this is on 24/7?

"If you are capable then get out there and have a go yourself. If for reasons of age or infirmity you can't do that, then watch those who can, and enjoy it. Go on you know you want to!"

Unfortunately angina and arthritis prevent this. In any case I have never liked sport - even at school. The educators got it wrong in my day - shouldn't they have learned by now?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

marvin42

We are in the worst recession since records began (BBC Radio 2 this morning) and yet are spending billions on this event

Repeat until it sinks in

"we will not dig ourselves out of the recession without spending money"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination