We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Officially Proving you are still alive and married question

daisy2bell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi. Rather an unusual question.

I am retired. I lived for about 20 years in a European country, and receive a small state pension from that country. However,that county needs annual proof from a UK authority that I am still alive and still married in order for me to continue receiving this pension.

The only authority I can think of is "Births Deaths and Marriages".

Would I be correct, or has anyone any different solutions.

Thanks in advance

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Probably a letter signed by your doctor should do.[He would be the obvious one to know if you were dead or alive.] but he would probably charge you £50 or more for doing that for you.

john bunyan

Nice to see you about again I take it everything went well with the operation and we can expect to see you back again on Friday night.We certainly struggled without you last week.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

buteman

Thank you so much. Unfortunately they may have found something nasty which could lead to some urgent surgery. but awaiting biopsy etc. I hope to "see" you on Friday, I could do with a challenge of another sort!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

john bunyan. Sorry to hear that you have been incapacitated in some way. I must have missed the boat on that one. Good luck in whatever it is that troubling you.

I was away for a couple of days last week and didn't get back until Saturday. Hope you are back on form this Friday night.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Why not ask the people requiring the information, what is acceptable to them. They must have some form of listed 'approved method' program in action?.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

john bunyan - sorry to hear that.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Bing.alau, Woolwell,*buteman*

Thanks for the support. I do not want to go into details and hope to hear more in a week or two. Will concentrate on other things in the meantime! I think of the guys coming back from Afghanistan minus limbs and it puts ones medical issues in proportion.

Like this post
daisy2bell

Likes # 0

Thanks FE, onionskin, BT, Bing.alau,

john bunyan,I'll follow up your suggestion, and if that doesn't work try some of the other suggestions.

Thanks again for all your help, it's much appreciated.

I'll mark this as closed now.

john bunyan, sorry to hear of your troubles. Wishing you all the best

Like this post  
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

john bunyan. Hope you get some good news.

I agree with you about the wounded soldiers. Many years ago a friend was detailed to attend the very early Blesma Games. He came back a changed man and was mightily impressed with the grit, determination and spirit the disabled men showed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...