We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Editing Facilities

Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Anybody know why I get editing facilities on the beginner's tech forum, but can't get them on this one?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

editing facilities? I can't see any on my posts on Beginners or any other, I thought pca decided on a No for editing?

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

What do you mean by 'editing facilities' Bing.alau? You shouldn't have them anywhere!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I mean being able to use "Italics" or "Bold" to emphasise the text. Which to me, is a form of editing.

Yesterday, on the "Beginners' Tech" forum the ability to do so was there, but I hadn't been able to use it on this forum.

Incidentally, I have just been on the Beginners' Tech forum again and it has disappeared from there too. Probably something to do with my computer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

All present and correct on mine, on all forums. (touch wood)

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Ditto lotvic!

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Ah. You should be able to use those on every forum. If you can't see them your browser may require a javascript update (or just a restart).

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Matt Please allow us to edit our posts. Becaujse of my condition I have a lot of brain problems, wrong words, words spelt the wrong way or woth letters misiing and motor control.

It's humiliating when I ook at how some of my posts have come out even thought Ive checked them

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Unfortunately editing would create a nightmare, as continuity of posts would be lost, so please don't consider it.

We can easy accommodate Kevscar with a little patience and understanding.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"If you can't see them your browser may require a javascript update (or just a restart)."

Or you may be using some of the accessibility options provided by your browser.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I think, a user-friendly prompt along the lines of..."Please review and edit any unforseen spelling mistakes before hitting the POST button."... might help...'cos we all make silly mistakes...that cause a certain degree of embarrassment after that...' point-of-no-return ' moment of posting.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow