We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Olympics and your daily post.

Snec

Likes # 0

I know in advance that the Olympics, together with all the hype, is bound to annoy me at some point (yes, I'm an old curmudgeonly) but I didn't expect it to set in quite so early.

I regularly buy items from overseas and have just been advised by of my suppliers that they will not be delivering again until after the Olympics are finished.

Fortunately it's only a hobby so not a major predicament but this is sure to cause real problems for some.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

Steady on FE. We don't want you getting all industrious.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

FE

"I can't wait."

Please do; we're relying on you!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

" I dread to think what morddwyd would make of daily postings about the Olympics."

I would have no more problem with that than I do with F1, Golf, football and all the other myriad threads in which I have no interest, because there are plenty of other things.

It's the "be all and end all" of the Olympics which brings on the red mist!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

morddwyd - I knew. I seem to remember that you were a cricket umpire and have more than a passing interest in motorcycling.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I'll award the silver mouse a Gold Medal if it cn keep Aitchbee in check.

:0)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...hupp 2-3-4....hupp 2-3-4....hupp 2-3-4....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Let's not get carried away and hijack Snec's thread.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I've just discovered that my Freesat TV box has gained a new listing in the programme guide "BBC Olympics" it says! I counted it and there are 20 TV channels & 1 radio channel extra.I'm uncertain whether to react to this unwarranted addition with anger or mirth,as I'm annoyed that the Olympics have somehow foisted themselves on my Freesat box,but amused that anyone would think I'd watch anything on those channels as I fully intend to leave the TV off for the duration of these ruddy games.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I will just make sure I don't order anything on t'net or from anywhere else until it is well and truly over. I am stocking up on beers and rum etc. So that I can sit in comfort and watch everything from the opening ceremony right through to the synchronised swimming (maybe not that). The closing ceremony will also be watched avidly to see if it gets anywhere near as good as the ones in Sydney and Beijing. Not that that will matter of course as long as it is a successful games with lots of medals going to the home team.

I wonder if the FE could suspend the forum until it is over so that he can also watch in peace, with his silver mouse in its box for a while?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I haven't seen hide nor hair of our postman for almost a week and I live 400 miles from London. I wonder if he has got a security job there for the next couple of weeks?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...