We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Broadband upgrade plans for Wales.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Some good news for Broadband users that live in Wales, Fibre broadband deal with BT . Upgrading for 96% of properties by 2015. Just hope I don't live in the other 4%.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I have been having problems wth my connection,so my ISP appointed a BT engineer to visit.While he was here,I asked about the likelyhood of us getting a faster connection & was told "it'll be next year" I've also been reading in the local paper how the county council threw out the tenders from BT/Fujitsu as unsatisfactory,resulting in Fujitsu dropping out of the tendering process so looks like we're stuck with whatever BT offer.I'm not keen on rejoining BT as they've treated me poorly in the past.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm not sure you would have to join BT. It's the same situation here with only BT left to lay the fibre-optics but with Government help with the cost. "BT was the only company left in the process after the last of the others pulled out earlier this year". So if you have fibre-optics to the cabinet it shouldn't be any different with another ISP?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, I think that article has got its mbits confused with its MBytes.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

No plans to upgrade broadband on Devon cliff tops?

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

"BT will create 50 jobs and 100 apprenticeships. Another 320 existing jobs will be protected.

It will also offer work experience to 900 young people."

This is more like it. Spend some money on infrastructure improvements to make us more competetive and create jobs at the same time.

I reckon this will offer better value than the proposed high speed rail link which can only be afforded by a few.

Like this post  
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Won't the high speed line upgrade require people to do the upgrade work and maintain it for years afterwards?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features