We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Olympics on TV

morddwyd

Likes # 0

I notice the BBC has opened a whole slew of dedicated Olympics channels.

That's good.

That means the news and the other BBC channels won't be dominated by the Olympics.

Doesn't it?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Did anyone notice that on the National BBC News at 6pm this evening the Open Championship didn't get a mention? I think there is also a test match being played at the moment which had a similar fate.

I have never known two great institutions like this being totally ignored before.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Condom - England had a bad day at the Test - G.Boycott quipped "my mum could have batted better with a stick of rhubarb on that pitch".

...and there are no Englishmen in the top ten of the Open Golf leaderboard.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

Cricket

Golf

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

National BBC News at 6pm this evening the Open Championship didn't get a mention?.

Maybe because it was still being shown live on BBC2 at the time.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I was just wondering if morddwyd has finished chocking yet!

The BBC main news has just moved into an Olympic view suite, you can see the Olympic site live right behind the news reader as the news is read!!!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Will Rolex be involved in the Olympic 'shake-up', having been prominent at Wimbledon and the Open Golf?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

The official Olympic timekeeper is Omega watches. The company has timed all the Olympic Games since 1948.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks, FE.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Qb

Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I thought they would hve a full OB unit just for the news!

I might be a miserable old git but I am not unreasonable - this is one of the major events of the decade, for the UK maybe for fifty years, and it will bring a lot of pleasure, and employment, to a lot of people.

It's the exclusion, or the apparent exclusion, of all else which winds me up

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

;)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger