We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Putting copy right onto my username

Jwbjnwolf
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm Jwarn, changed my username to the username i use everywhere "Jwbjnwolf"

I use Jwbjnwolf on my site jwbjnwolf.weebly.com

on my tumblr blog: jwbjnwolf.tumblr.com

on my youtube: youtube.com/jwbjnwolf

on twitter: twitter.com/jwbjnwolf

my mobile web app: jwbjnwolf.mobapp.at

on instagram, on everything.

On instagram I have 5 accounts:

@_jwbjnwolf

@jwbjnwolfbestpicedits

@jwbjnwolfnatureseverywhere

@jwbjnwolf_artgallery

@jase_wolf

Today when I was stared typing "@jwbjnwolfbestpicedits", I found out that someone else has decided to copy my username obviously to take the P*. They done "@jwbjnwolfbestpiceditf6".

Now my username "jwbjnwolf" is 100% unique to me. No one except me my sister and my mum knows what it stands for, and I like to keep it that way lol. No one and I mean no one that I've found anywhere has used my username, and it really has insulted that someone else has decided to use it.

I know that they done it just to take the mick, and they done a pretty good job on getting me well cheesed off. I am quite insulted by it. I want to use that name as my like brand name what ever you call it if I do become popular youtuber/blogger etc.

So I really want to protect the username "jwbjnwolf". What options do I have? for starters, how much would it cost to get that name "jwbjnwolf" copyrighted/trademarked or what ever the word is you use.

Thanks for any help,

And as always, PCA forums is always ever so delightful to ask/get help from.

Jase Wolf

:)

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

I dunno why all you are judging really.

Thanks saying I have talent, really appreciate it, but why some negativity?

Just because I'm coming onto PC Advisor forums, not only to ask stuff, but try my hardest to be helpful, I'm expected to be a top of the notch employee?

Is it me, or is the PC advisor forum staff such as the FE and then ones like Lotvic the only few that have sorta worked out the person I am?

For those that dunno, I'm only 17, and that website and everything I created is just for personal. I didn't create it for business.

Just because I used Weebly to create it, doesn't mean I'm not talented etc and am the opposite instead (which is what your making me feel Pine Man, not saying you mean it or anything). I just don't know HTML coding etc yet, and at the moment I feel I have no need as Weebly offers me everything I need for my use.

I may not be that great with spelling, but its not my fault I have faults is it?

Just ask Lotvic, Lotvic has seen my improvement in spelling. Sorry it isn't good enough. -__-

I'm only trying to do positive things in my life, and creativity is one the things I have always done best at.

I dunno how exactly I can explain the way I feel your judging, but heres an attempt (as silly way to explain as it sounds, oh well)...

"your comparing me like a netbook compared to a gaming rig".

Lately it seems to me that the only three that have been positive here is Lotvic, FE, and Aitchbee.

"Based on what?" ?? maybe they've looked at all my stuff in the links, and thought it was quite good. It sounds as so you saying I've put nothing in those links. They only being positive and nice.

Sorry if some you don't like this, I'm just saying how you making me feel making it look like your judging etc.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

Pine Man

Based on the creative evidence of his numerous sites as far as I am concerned. Did you take the time and trouble to go to all his individual site listings and look at them?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

No I certainly didn't. Nor did I check yours or Aitchbees to see what qualified you both to make the comment. It was quicker to ask the question and get the answer, which I did, very promptly.

Thanks.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Thank you chub_tor :)

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

Jwbjnwolf

Take a tip from an old man, you do not have to justify yourself, just learn to suck it up as they say. Everyone has to learn as they go through life that you cannot please all of the people all of the time and there is no point trying to. Listen to your critics, take note of those you think are reasonable in what they say and just forget the rest.

We oldies are picky about spelling and punctuation, that's the way we were taught to be and there's no doubt that good grammar - both written and spoken - and good, polite manners go a long way when writing a CV and at a job interview. You can be the most creative artist, scientist or engineer in the world but if you can't express yourself in a way that gets your point across you will not reach your full potential. Remember and use your strengths but work harder on your weaknesses if you want to achieve your ambition.

OK Rant over.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Thanks so much for that advice :)

Really appreciate your kindness :)

Take care :)

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

chub_tor

Aitchbee

What are your websites then?

Wish pca put in a feature where you could put a link to website on profile page

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 1

Here's my homepage, Jwbjnwolf

http://www.aitchbee.com/

...it's still under construction!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

Aitchbee

And a fine looking young man you are.LOL.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, your 'website' appears to have been hacked and taken over by i.nuseek.com I suggest you get help from that good friend of yours that you got to set it up for you in the first place.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK