We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Putting copy right onto my username

Jwbjnwolf
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm Jwarn, changed my username to the username i use everywhere "Jwbjnwolf"

I use Jwbjnwolf on my site jwbjnwolf.weebly.com

on my tumblr blog: jwbjnwolf.tumblr.com

on my youtube: youtube.com/jwbjnwolf

on twitter: twitter.com/jwbjnwolf

my mobile web app: jwbjnwolf.mobapp.at

on instagram, on everything.

On instagram I have 5 accounts:

@_jwbjnwolf

@jwbjnwolfbestpicedits

@jwbjnwolfnatureseverywhere

@jwbjnwolf_artgallery

@jase_wolf

Today when I was stared typing "@jwbjnwolfbestpicedits", I found out that someone else has decided to copy my username obviously to take the P*. They done "@jwbjnwolfbestpiceditf6".

Now my username "jwbjnwolf" is 100% unique to me. No one except me my sister and my mum knows what it stands for, and I like to keep it that way lol. No one and I mean no one that I've found anywhere has used my username, and it really has insulted that someone else has decided to use it.

I know that they done it just to take the mick, and they done a pretty good job on getting me well cheesed off. I am quite insulted by it. I want to use that name as my like brand name what ever you call it if I do become popular youtuber/blogger etc.

So I really want to protect the username "jwbjnwolf". What options do I have? for starters, how much would it cost to get that name "jwbjnwolf" copyrighted/trademarked or what ever the word is you use.

Thanks for any help,

And as always, PCA forums is always ever so delightful to ask/get help from.

Jase Wolf

:)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE...yes It trips off the tongue, has (only) two letters/syllables...and symbolically represents the initial letters of my name. Perfection personified.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Jase, you can remove the page from weebly now, not good to have it there.

Remember that the whole world sees what you put online.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

WEEBLY?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

...aaaaah now I understand....

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

ok lotvic :)

I actually had it as hidden, so yea gonna do that now :)

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the support Lotvic.

and FE, thank you for your clear explanation. at least now I know that I wouldn't be able to, and yea sorry for going into too much detail. ugh I always go into too much detail with stuff. -__-

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 1

Jwbjhwolf - I wish you well, as you appear to be a very talented individual with ambitions that will be realised.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Thank you Aitchbee :) wish you well too :)

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

Strange he may be to an old fogey like me, but I agree with Aitchbee he does have a lot of talent. Looks like he will be one of those love him or hate him individuals that will break a lot of eggs but may also make a lot of omelettes. At least he has some drive and gumption, but in my working days would I have employed him? Tough question.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'you appear to be a very talented individual'

'he does have a lot of talent'

Based on what?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes