We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Putting copy right onto my username

Jwbjnwolf
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm Jwarn, changed my username to the username i use everywhere "Jwbjnwolf"

I use Jwbjnwolf on my site jwbjnwolf.weebly.com

on my tumblr blog: jwbjnwolf.tumblr.com

on my youtube: youtube.com/jwbjnwolf

on twitter: twitter.com/jwbjnwolf

my mobile web app: jwbjnwolf.mobapp.at

on instagram, on everything.

On instagram I have 5 accounts:

@_jwbjnwolf

@jwbjnwolfbestpicedits

@jwbjnwolfnatureseverywhere

@jwbjnwolf_artgallery

@jase_wolf

Today when I was stared typing "@jwbjnwolfbestpicedits", I found out that someone else has decided to copy my username obviously to take the P*. They done "@jwbjnwolfbestpiceditf6".

Now my username "jwbjnwolf" is 100% unique to me. No one except me my sister and my mum knows what it stands for, and I like to keep it that way lol. No one and I mean no one that I've found anywhere has used my username, and it really has insulted that someone else has decided to use it.

I know that they done it just to take the mick, and they done a pretty good job on getting me well cheesed off. I am quite insulted by it. I want to use that name as my like brand name what ever you call it if I do become popular youtuber/blogger etc.

So I really want to protect the username "jwbjnwolf". What options do I have? for starters, how much would it cost to get that name "jwbjnwolf" copyrighted/trademarked or what ever the word is you use.

Thanks for any help,

And as always, PCA forums is always ever so delightful to ask/get help from.

Jase Wolf

:)

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

You really should get out more ;-)

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

... :/

getting out more isn't anything to do with this :/

I do get out a lot, but I don't want my username thats unique to me to be used by loads of people when I have become popular if hopefully I do. :/

Is that all you can think of pine man? :/

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 1

I don't know the answer Wolf...but Rolf Harris has managed to do that for 80 odd years ;o]

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

A question I would ask is whether your username on this site bolongs to you or IDG, likewise all the other sites you kindly listed.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

First off, it's a really bad idea to splurge all that information all over a public web forum post, but you've done it now.

"how much would it cost to get that name "jwbjnwolf" copyrighted/trademarked or what ever the word is you use."

There's no copyright on a collection of letters strung together, so you can forget about that.

Your chances of registering it as a trademark is also zero, so forget about that, too. Trademark applications are involved and expensive, and your string of letters doesn't satisfy the requirements. For one thing, in order to register a trademark you must be in the business of supplying goods and/or services, and I doubt that you are doing that.

Someone has started using a similar identity to yours, but there's nothing you can do about it, There are more important things in life,

Like this post  
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Thanks FE for explaining.

more than what "You really should get out more ;-)" explains.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Even so "You really should get out more" was excellent advice.LOL.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Chronus, maybe Jason will when he's older :)

Jason, How are you these days?

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Lotvic, I had to put my response on this part of my site lol as Pc advisor was saying it was spam -_- which I guess it did go on for ages lol

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Words fail me after looking at those links!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination