We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Olympic Road Lanes

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I see that those of you in London are getting extra traffic restrictions in the way of special Olympic road lanes

From the link it says "the authorities had plans to lift the restrictions on the Games Lanes if there was gridlock." That seems a bit of a gross contradiction of intention. Isn't the whole point of Olympic lanes to create a freemoving traffic flow for the Olympic officials and competitors and avoid the Atlanta Games fiasco where competitors were in danger of missing their events?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

buteman Knowing London cab drivers, I think they will do what they need to do in order to earn a living. I predict that they'll ignore the stupid rule about picking up or dropping off passengers.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

FE

And perhaps receive an hefty fine for doing so. If the demonstration and reports coming through today are anything to go by?.

No doubt, we will have to wait for further media reports, and see if there are any rethinks or further demonstrations?.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Looks to me as if there is a big mess up with the tickets. I wonder how many people were put off applying in the first place, because of all the bad publicity about the shortage of them. Lord Coe looked embarrassed to me when he was trying to explain the situation on TV earlier today. But he (and probably Beckham) will end up getting a knighthood after it has all died down.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The roads and bus-stops around Hampden Park have had a major 'make-over'..there's a new transport HUB for the olympic football matches being held there. I've noticed some new faces walking along the pavements...possibly Brazilian footballers...no kiddin'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK