We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do MP's think the voting public are all stupid ?

Dragon_Heart
Resolved

Likes # 0

Whenever I see a news headline about a 'leaked ministerial memo' or MP's start making a big fuss about something like the inter bank interest rate fixing I always check the smaller news items for the 'real' news.

For example Nick Boles MP suggestions earlier this week regarding cutting winter fuel allowances, free bus passes and TV licences to over 75's. As reported in the Independent :-

“ The idea that the elderly should be the next group to share the pain of public spending cuts was raised by the Tory MP Nick Boles, a close ally of Mr Cameron, who it is thought may have been acting as an outrider for the Prime Minister, raising the idea to test the reaction. “

I think this 'out-riding' is done a great deal by all parties.

Some may say the Conservatives are doing a good job in a bad situation but I feel they are to blame like all the rest both past and present. Come 2015 things will start to change as the hard line approach is eased off ready for the next election.

The average UK wage for a male is about £31k with £24k for a female. How many of the forum members get that or above ?

There is money in the UK the only trouble is many do not get the chance to earn it.

I suggest to all MP's lets stop all this smoke screen and get on with the job in hand.

Like this post
Kev.Ifty

Likes # 0

Hey up Dragon_Heart PCA ain't a political form so don't expect a reply mate. Her Majesty's Government gave a tax cut to top earners of 5% so crack on with your banter.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Do MP's think the voting public are all stupid ?

Yes, I believe they do think that.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 1

This is the big problem with a mainly 2 party political set up. I don't think it is so much they think we are stupid but that they know we have few alternatives.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 1

Not so much stupid, but as we let them get away so much without complaint yes I do believe they think they can do as they like.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 1

It seems that most leaked "ministerial memos" are deliberate kite-flying to test the wind before making it official government policy.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK