We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BBC down?

Graham*

Likes # 0

I can't get News or Weather - I get Error 502 - Bad Gateway. Anyone getting through?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I just tried BBC iplayer, at first I got Page not loading message, but when I pressed 'Try again' it loaded OK.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, I guess it is down - when I tried to watch a program the page would not load!

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Working OK for me.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

OK here in NW London!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Been getting Error 500 on and off this evening.

At least it's working occasionally, which is better than my O2 phone, which has been out of action since early this afternoon. Oddly my girlfriend's O2 phone is fine

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

O2 has said it has major problems all over the country and there seems to be little rhyme or reason to what it is effecting. Some phones are working in some localities whilst others are not. The problem is all over the UK.

PCA appears to have been down for much of the day and suddenly reappeared for me early this evening when Matt's message vanished at the same time.

Microsoft Live has also had problems today so perhaps some rogues have been up to no good somewhere.

I think many of us have been lulled into a sense of expecting everything to be hunky dory all the time and forgetting all the problems we have had over the years. We live in an age where people are always trying to improve things and not always managing it first go but I do wish some better testing of changes was standard before unleashing unstable tweaks on us.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Here you go BBC

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The BBC site experienced quite a serious problem shortly after 8:00 this evening.

They issued a statement saying that service was restored after an hour, but nothing was said about the cause of the problem - I'm guessing that's because they don't know. These things can take a while to investigate; it's far from easy to diagnose faults on a busy site that has a lot of back-end stuff going on.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I wonder if these problems are in any way related to the huge outage at Level 3's data centre on Tuesday, this can have a knock on effect later on as traffic is rerouted via some less used, and perhaps not as reliable, routers

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

BBC down again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites