We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's wrong with PCA Site - or is it me?

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

All afternoon I have been getting the message that the site is undergoing maintenance. Now I find myself continually being logged off.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Maybe they can't get on themselves ;-)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I cannot understand why there hasn't been any response from anybody at PCA yet.

For the same reason that you have rarely seen any response to the many 'constructive criticism' posts on this forum since the so called upgrade a year ago.

Absolute drivel to believe that if something is Free then one cannot complain about it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

It still says my stored password or e mail is incorrect, but accepts it if I insert it manually.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Sorry about all this. It's the after effects of our much-vaunted data migration. The guys are working hard to minimise all the problems, and we'll get it sorted as soon as possible. In the meantime, keep pointing out the issues - it helps - and I can only apologise that it has all been such a pain.

Oh, and Chronus, that the PC Advisor is and will remain free doesn't in any way preclude you from complaining. The forum exists only because of its users, and we ignore you all at our peril. With reference to our previous conversations that doesn't mean that we will always agree with your points and act on them, but we do listen and where appropriate make changes.

I understand if you feel I should have responded sooner, and for that I also apologise.

Matt

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Thanks Matt, but think you will find that it was Carver who felt that complaining or moaning as he put it, about a Free website is a no no.

Me I love a good complain/moan.LOL and feel I am entitled to do it as and when the mood takes me, which at my age is fairly often.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I'm afraid iy's stuill th same for me.

Been trying for an hour but in the end had to change browsers and log in from scratch. When I did it took several minutes to log me in.

carver

You're not comparing like with like.

Moaning on this forum because O2 is down is non-productive, moans should be directed to the O2 forums.

Moaning on this forum because the site has problems gets a response, as we've see from Matt's posts.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Me I love a good complain/moan.LOL and feel I am entitled to do it as and when the mood takes me, which at my age is fairly often."

You're perfectly entitled to complain and moan, but I'm not going along with the "as and when the mood takes me" part - that's just self-indulgence.

If we fail to provide a perfect service we'll own up and try to put things right, but we're not here to act as a virtual punchbag for when the mood takes you. As you admit, at your age that's fairly often.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Not much point in being on here at the moment.

Too much hassle to change browsers and, having done that, have to close the browser, re-open and log in every time I post.

I'll try next week.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

If we fail to provide a perfect service we'll own up and try to put things right

I am sorry but that statement, particularly coming from you is absolute rubbish. Since the so called upgrade over a year ago there have been countless post from many members concerning the failings and all we seem to get is the usual "we are looking into it". Yet we see no evidence of anything being put right.The PCA forums seem to lurch from one problem to the next which for a PC magazine is quite astonishing, particularly one that thinks they are at the top of there game.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

From another thread - PCA has some very tired developers. Perhaps new developers are required.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......