We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's wrong with PCA Site - or is it me?

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

All afternoon I have been getting the message that the site is undergoing maintenance. Now I find myself continually being logged off.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I'm the same. Won't hold my login.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What are you all getting on 'My Profile' page? I thought I would update my details by re-typing them in to see if it would then keep me logged in, but I can't get past first bit so have no chance of choosing any options....

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Nontek, Lotvic

Same here. other thread

Now seems to work on another PC

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Been trying to log in for about an hour.

Keep getting the "site problems" message.

In the end had to change browsers, and log in from the basic PCA home page.

This site has staggered from problem to problem ever since the first upgrade last year, now they are trying another one!

Why the hell couldn't they leave well alone in the first place?

It might not have been state of the art, but it certainly wasn't broke.

Apologies for any mistakes. Don't get my usuaul options with this browser!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

"Why the hell couldn't they leave well alone in the first place?

It might not have been state of the art, but it certainly wasn't broke."

It's called upgrading the sight and it's done to try to give us a better site that we get *free of charge, so don't knock them, it isn't as though our life will come to and end because you can't log in properly.

I rather enjoy it because after all we are really testing this site for people who will use it in the future.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Will admit that strong text and Emphasis are getting confused

strong text strong

Emphasis emphasis

In a previous post they both came out as same

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

morddwyd may I suggest you take this persons advice

"What good would moaning do?

It's down, end of story.

As long as it's down they are making no money so you can bet your life they're working like hell to fix it!"

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4156269/o2-down/#ixzz20ONTBqPA

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Why do we keep seeing from members and management for that matter that we should be grateful for what we get with this forum because it is Free of Charge. Said almost as though this was a rare occurrence on the internet. Sorry to have to enlighten you but Free of Charge is the norm not the exception.

People who are complaining have a valid point, stickies were placed on each forum category that site maintenance would be occurring around lunchtime on Tuesday when in fact I assume it was put back to yesterday. Fair enough, but would it be so hard for someone from PCA to come on and say sorry folks.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Chonus if some thing is given free of charge then you have no right to complain or moan if some thing goes wrong with it, by all means give constructive advice about any problems with the product and that may help put it right, but for some one to tell another person "What good would moaning do?" about some thing he pays for then comes onto this posting and moans about some thing he gets for free is wrong.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

This forum is funded by advertising. It certainly isn't run free of charge by philanthropists at PCA. If the site is not running properly members will be deterred from using it and then the advertisers will have cause to complain.

Like Chronus I cannot understand why there hasn't been any response from anybody at PCA yet.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes