We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Update causes log in problems

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

After the recent update, when I log in it says the remembered password or e mail is wrong. When I manually use the password it lets me in. I tried to put password in blank field in My Profile but when I tried to sumit, it said user name taken. Any suggestions?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ok but now a bit slow.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

"A bit slow"

my paint is drying faster..this week has certainly not been a good week for the kudos of PCA.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

It might be interesting to know what overall effect there has been to number of posts, across the forums, in last couple of days.

Of course, total will have been kept up, by number of posts, about problems with posts.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Log-in Now working for me.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

It has taken me almost an hour to get in just now. It has constantly been telling me to refresh the page and to try again and I've been going round in circles. When I finally got in the site would initially not react to my mouse movements and just appeared to be dead in the water. There are obviously still some big problems

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Condom

"There are obviously still some big problems"

That may not be the case. As I write, the site is running fast and true. My fingers are, in a virtual sense, well and truly crossed when I say that, but at the moment I have no difficulty with logging in or posting.

That's not your experience, obviously, but I hope you'll soon see a distinct improvement.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

frybluff

"It might be interesting to know what overall effect there has been to number of posts, across the forums, in last couple of days."

My guess is that post figures have been down, but remember that the vast bulk of our site traffic doesn't come from people who post in the forums. You don't need to be logged in to read the forum threads, and of course there's a great deal more to our site than the forums - large numbers of people visit us for other reasons. That traffic has been largely unaffected by what has happened.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may be fast for some but it is snail like for me.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Woolwell

As a matter of interest, which browser are you using? Apologies if you've already mentioned it elsewhere.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's just speeded up. Chrome.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...