We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Update causes log in problems

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

After the recent update, when I log in it says the remembered password or e mail is wrong. When I manually use the password it lets me in. I tried to put password in blank field in My Profile but when I tried to sumit, it said user name taken. Any suggestions?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I have not been able to have my password saved since I installed the do not track me plus program. Do you think that this might be causing the problem?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Odd. I do have to log in each time (like the old days) but at least the password is remembered. (IE9) with Easylist and Abine anti tracking enabled in tools, Safety, Tracking Protection..

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I now have to log in every time. Chrome doesn't remember me. IE9 and Firefox do. It's becoming a pain.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Basically same issue, using IE9.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

I overcame the problem by registering myself,i dread it when they "update" the site i have impending doom as i say "it's not broke ,don't worry we'll soon fix that" (my tongue firmly in cheek).

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

FE ~ Could you update us?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I still have to log in every time but more importantly I am unable to change my password. Having logged in I click on my profile and find the password box is empty. I enter a password and click on submit only to be told that my user name is taken. Of course it is, it is me! There is something fundamentally wrong after this database update.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It appears to be a Chrome problem as it works with Firefox.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

FINALLY I've managed to log in!!!!!

I'm using IE and chrome, and neither would let me log in.

Also, whenever I tried to have my password sent to me via the forgotten password link on the login page it simply comes up with an error.

I managed to get myself logged in by unticking the 'remember me' tickbox.

So, now that I've managed to log back in here I can take my Mr Grumpy hat off and stop leaving caustic comments on the daily wail website.

WTM

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

WTM - Don't speak too soon, next time you go away and then come back, you will have to log-in again!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow