We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Update causes log in problems

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

After the recent update, when I log in it says the remembered password or e mail is wrong. When I manually use the password it lets me in. I tried to put password in blank field in My Profile but when I tried to sumit, it said user name taken. Any suggestions?

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

No trouble but need to Log-in every time I revisit the site

Ditto this!

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Perhaps PC Advisor should read this article and act upon it! Consumers won't tolerate faulty websites

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Flak999

As it is a PCA article I'm sure someone among their staff has read it. When I first saw it I thought is ME taking the proverbial.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Condom

I was being rather "tongue in cheek" when I posted that. Sarcasm isn't particularly easy to convey on a web forum. :)

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Flak999

I fully understand. I was thinking along the same lines particularly in pointing them towards their own forum "Web Design Help";-)

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

It seems to be settling down now.I am sure the team have worked hard and I thank them for it - we obviously moan but they obviously work very hard and are as frustrated as we are at the time it takes. If O2 can get it wrong with their massive resources, Matt and his his team do well, really.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Settling a bit, but Log-in still not remembering even with box checked.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Nontek

When you log in, try deleting the dots, put in the password(I know it seems odd), and hopefully a "Do you want PCA to remember the password" dialogue box appears at the bottom of the screen in an orangeish hue,say yes and it should work. (IE9)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

john bunyan - that doesn't work for me with Chrome or IE9. I have to log in every time I visit. The password is never remembered. I suspect a cookie problem at PCA end.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

john bunyan - that doesn't work for me with Chrome or IE9. I have to log in every time I visit. The password is never remembered. I suspect a cookie problem at PCA end.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data