We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Update causes log in problems

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

After the recent update, when I log in it says the remembered password or e mail is wrong. When I manually use the password it lets me in. I tried to put password in blank field in My Profile but when I tried to sumit, it said user name taken. Any suggestions?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I've already tried that twice FE. But not to worry, it is fine as it is now anyway.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

At last I am logged in it was changing my first letter to upper case!!! Thanks FE finally on the right track.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings to the IDG IT department, but I still can't log in on my desktop. Get the usual "Site Error" message.

Turned off all possible filters, firewall, antivirus. Rebooted, restart browser (FF) still the same.

Not quite right yet!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

FE

Log-in is now working fine. However, can you please do something about the Globe not allowing links to be included in a Response!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Still won't remember me...perhaps not a bad thing some might say ;-)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Nontek

The globe does allow links in a response. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been a time when it stopped working.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

My password contains a couple of upper case letters, I can only log in if I enter it in all lower case. My posts are then rejected with a 'We think this is spam' message.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

FE

Re Globe/Response ... I tried at least five or six times yesterday to post a link using the Globe - it did not work, in the end I gave up and advised the OP I was responding to, to Google for the item.

I have not needed to try since.

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

Just for the record, I also have had to re-register, using a different name and password, what is going on?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The globe has been working fine for me all the time, the only problem I had was having to log in each time but that has been resolved. No changes to user name or password.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features