We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Precision driving at its finest

interzone55

Likes # 0

Ken Block tearing up San Francisco, Basically a 10 minute advert for Monster energy drink, so quite interesting that one guy has a Red Bull helmet on...

You Tube link (watch in HD if your link can cope)

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Now try it in the London rush hour!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Driving at it's best, and so good to watch and don't you just wish you had the sort of money that would allow you to do the same because I do.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't believe the video is completely real.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...there was an ad not to log ago that had that sort of driving on the roof of a skyscraper, with the car manoeuvring right to the edge of the roof and beyond. It looked as if it was filmed in one take, but the driving was done on a separate indoor warehouse studio track, and computer jiggery pokery was used to stitch it into a realistic looking one take shot.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Well it wasn't done in one take that is for sure, when you look at some of the tyre marks on the road you can work out that some of the action had been done at least 4 times before.

But it still looks good.

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

Think what the top WRC drivers are like, Mr Block could not keep up with them when he tried rallying.

Noldi

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I'd like his car,and somewhere to play with it in similar fashion.Yes,I'm jealous.As it is,I can't even drive now as I'm too scared I might have my 10th crash & not walk away next time(yet to be at fault,7 were tailend shunts & 2 were blind drivers pulling into/out of junctions hadnt seen me)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Quickbeam - It appears that the film was shot over several days with parts of the city being closed at appropriate times at a huge expense. The whole was then edited to make one film. Rehearsals took place in mock up locations. Gleaned from reading several internet sites.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...