We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Weird and Wonderful Names. Good Article

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just read this article and enjoyed it. Made me wonder if anybody on here has a wonderful unusual name and is not too ashamed to disclose it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18723463

I hope the link works. Don't stop reading the article at the picture as I nearly did. There are a couple more paragraphs.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I've tried green ticking this thread a few times and it just isn't working like it used to. Also tried the different methods as suggested by members in another thread, all I get is a small dash alongside the tick. I shall now try again.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I've just logged off and then on again and clicked on the tick. The tick turned green and seems to have worked. I then hit the post button, I shall now check with fingers crossed.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Chef Jamie (what was I thinking) Oliver's children's names.

Petal Blossom Rainbow Oliver, Poppy Honey Rosie Oliver, Daisy Boo Pamela Oliver, Buddy Bear Maurice Oliver.

That more can I say.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not so much the Surname, but the two Christian names after the first. Many a bet as been won on a guessing game as to what the initials represent. I won't reveal what they are, but when I was born, the two midwives present registered the birth, and decided who I might represent with a status signature in my future life, having taken my father's first and surname.

I suppose that came with a close knit community or respect when I entered the world?.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Are we supposed to guess??????

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

My half-brother who's surname is Ayre (pronounced "air"), was almost named Ryan by my mother! Luckily his father pointed out her oversight...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This Estate Agent partnership has always amused me. ClickHere for pic of sign

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I know of several people with the surname Bird. Unbelievably all of the ones that were male had the first christian name of Richard and all were called Dickie!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Bob Geldof was doing it well before the current crop of celeb silly names with Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches, Pixie, and best (or is it worst?) of all, Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"Are we suppose to guess??????"

Pineman, at least you have the first Christian name correct :O)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?